Wednesday 3 February 2010

Heaven, I'm in heaven..... (30 January 2010)

It’s a Sat night in here in Grenada and am happy. One of Ant and my many food fantasies over the last couple of months (and there have been many as we faced yet another plate of mashed beans.....) has been Liquorice Allsorts. It was a happy day in the Spiceland Mall supermarket on Saturday when I spotted a rather dusty pack hanging from the empty shelves (shelves are empty here for a while prior to the introduction of VAT which is happening on 1st Feb – the shelves are stripped bare as if a hurricane was approaching and are not being restocked....). So I grabbed the bag before anyone else and settled down for a night in front of the telly. I caught up through the miracle of Slingbox with the four episodes of the X Factor which happened after I had left. I had managed to avoid hearing the result so far so this Sat saw me happily watching Joe win, munching liquorice allsorts and washing them all down with a local rum punch. Perfect!
Now I can look forward to another tropical night where I can catch up with “Strictly” – just hope I can find licorice allsorts wherever that may be.....