Sunday 29 March 2009

Full Circle with Gill Goodwin




OK, I know it doesn’t sound quite as good as “Full Circle with Michael Palin”, but I feel I have completed a great one nonetheless. All those weeks ago I left Bangkok by air to fly North to Chiang Mai. Then further north and east by road to Chiang Rai. Then east by car and ferry to Laos. Then turning south for the river trip to Luang Prabang. Two flights further south to Vientiane and then Phnom Penh. Another boat from Phnom Penh, south west across the border to Chau Doc in Vietnam and then road to Rach Gia to take my flights to west to Phu Quoc and back. Then by road across the border from Vietnam turning north into Kampot in Cambodia. North again by road to Sihanoukville and then Koh Kong before another land border crossing back into Thailand. Then continuing on North by road and ferry to Koh Chang, and finally now back to Bangkok to complete the circle. Michael Palin, eat your heart out.