Thursday 12 April 2012

Leaving Samui behind (8 April 2012)


I have enjoyed it here at Mae Nam beach and the Florist Resort. It was full moon the night before I leave and as I have yet another great seafood dinner on the sand I gaze over to Koh Phangan where up to 30,000 revellers attend the party. Several ferries go over there and the one from Mae Nam was a busy one. It is a bit of a tatty old thing and not one I'd fancy the crossing in... But the moon waited till the day after it was full to reward us with this magnificent display - hard to work out whether it was sunset or moon rise!



Rather special watching its reflection in the shimmering water, I like to think it was bidding me a fond farewell from Samui, reminding me how amazing it is, so I will return!
So I have spent my days here soaking up the atmosphere, popping into the big city (?) Chaweng now and again when in need of a Starbuck's and watching the local police nab lines of helmet less motorcyclists, it looked a real money spinner. But I was definitely not visiting this beauty salon. In English it doesn't sound too good, but in Thai it's not a lot better, poo here means crab.... But onwards we go, next stop, Krabi.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad