Wednesday 8 December 2010

Travelled to Tobago (6/7 December 2010)

A long way from home but have arrived at Tobago. Left a freezing Gatwick, but my major concern was getting there early so I didn't miss the flight and settting every alarm I had to make sure. But all was overtaken by a hotel alarm - a fire alarm, luckily a false one, at 7.15am this morning, so was out in the cold rather earlier than I expected! But now here at a place called Kia's Across from The Beach, a little guest house in Crown Point. Perhaps the polite way of putting it, it is very "Caribbean". A good flight with BA. In fact the leg from Antigua (where all the honeymooners got off), I was the only one left up the front with about five other people down the back, a bit like having my own private jet which I have decided I could get quite used to..... Just had a very average plate of pasta in the guest house restaurant.... But guess I was spoiled on the way with good food, champagne and chocolates and more champagne.... So Kia's is a bit of a change of scene..... But hey the rum punches are good - will report on the safety of the ice tomorrow.... And most importantly it is warm, how nice to sit outside at 8pm and be cosy. Wifi is proving a bit of a challenge - so much for hi speed wifi everywhere at Kia's, but am in the Caribbean, so tomorrow will do!Collected from the airport by Wayne, who gave me the full monty on his "tours". Lots of hassle from others at the airport offering taxis and trips but I think we will have to get used to that.
And the good news is the ice was ok so was able to have a bit of an explore today.  Not a lot happening here in Tobago, very laid back.  The beach near here is Store Bay, but true to form, I arrived and so did the rain!  The rainy season should have finished by now but no one told the weatherman, it's been raining now most of the day.  But it is warm and I am sitting outside writing this at 8pm in the evening and am not even thinking about wearing a cardi - happy days!
But even happier on Thursday when Ant is due to arrive......