Monday 3 May 2010

Becoming satay (2 May 2010)


Now I know I am in a Hindu area, but I haven’t got mixed up with India and widows becoming suttee, this is more of a shaggy dog story.... Here at the villas, there used to be a guard dog – he’s mentioned in the online reviews and also in the bumph they leave in your room. I hadn’t seen him, so today I asked about him. Yes, apparently he was here, but in his life he made two big mistakes. The first was taking a bite out of one of the guests, not good. The second was that he used to eat up all the scraps of the guest food, so was the fattest and best fed dog around – every other dog you see here is Supermodel status with ribs clearly defined. But that was his undoing, after the bite incident he was taken back to the village and soon after disappeared – the word on the street is that as he had so much meat on him he became Satay.....