Monday 3 May 2010

A rainy bank holiday (3 May 2010)



Today is Bank Holiday Monday and the Bali weather is true to Bank Holiday form – it’s rained all day – so much that the level in the pool has gone right up to the edge and is almost overflowing – oh well, just because I’m not in the UK doesn’t mean I have escaped it! But Bali life goes on. The offerings are still being laid out each day – lots around the villas, one at the door to mine, one in the little temple just across from my pool and one appearing on my cooker in the little kitchen area – perhaps they have heard about my cooking.... These offerings have leaves and flowers and also some food, often rice. I notice the one on my cooker has a little fish – perhaps because we are in a fishing village... but the fish is actually one of those little pastry ones you get, not a real piece of fish at all, Must check if the rice one’s are really rice krispies....



Oh, and yet another snake sighting – on the way back in the taxi yesterday one slithered across the road in front.....