Tuesday 28 September 2010

Give this dog a Beaune.... (Saturday 10 July 2010)

Today we drive on to Beaune to meet up with Alfie, I’m so excited. We get there early afternoon and again check into another nice hotel with another lift that I loved. I must say I could get used to this hotel life, but no time to relax on the bed (and they wouldn’t let me go in the hotel pool either, which annoyed me a bit as it was very hot) as yet again they had to go out and find food and wine straight away. I must say, Beaune is a lovely place, all very historical with old streets and bars and cafes everywhere, but I can’t get the name. I was expecting the streets to be paved with, if not real bones, at least Bonio’s but no, just a load of old cobbles. But I got over my disappointment in the excitement of Alfie and his Daddies’ arrival.
As was to become a habit on this trip, we all met up in a cafe late afternoon, and over yet another couple of yet even more expensive wines for them (these French poodles must earn a lot of money, everything costs a fortune.....) and just water for us, we spent a happy couple of hours catching up.


All together at last!

I love these hotel things....

Then of course more food was needed so the grown ups decide to stop and eat outdoors on the way back to the hotel – no thought for me of course, I normally have my tea at about 5.30, so apart from a few scraps of French nosh from their plates, I had to wait for ages for my own dinner – a couple of glasses of wine and they get very forgetful....


My mate Alfie with his "Fave" daddy