Wednesday 29 September 2010

More champagne..... (Sunday 18 July 2010)

Alfie and I have decided that they will all need to go into the Priory to dry out when they get home, not content with the local rose in Chamonix they plan the trip home via Rheims, the champagne capital of France! So today we bid a very sad farewell to the French Alps. I’ve loved it here, the fantastic views from the chalet, the fresh water from the spring, and the walks have been such a lot of fun. I wasn’t expecting such grand scenery or such a lot of snow, and especially I loved walking with Daddy Ant, Alfie and the others. But as Nanny Marion used to say to Daddy Ant, I was told, “you’ve had enough now”.... I now understand why he used to hate that so much as I just want to stay here much longer! So back into the car we get, and even though they try and stop me, I am determined to travel on Aunty Allsorts lap all the way – she tries to pretend to stop me but I always get my own way..... and I will be going to another of those nice hotel places with another of those lift things so actually I am quite excited.


It was quite a long drive to Rheims, but we did stop for a bit of lunch on the way. And of course as soon as we get there, they have to go out again for what they call “an emergency glass of champagne”! After that we wander through Rheims and take a look at the Cathedral, and spot a nice looking French bistro where we book for our dinner. Alfie and I have both got our full energy back so we go out with them for dinner. By the sounds of appreciation whilst they were eating and the few scraps they deigned to pass on to me and Alfie, I think it was a great meal. Oh and of course yet more wine........