Thursday 29 April 2010

Third time lucy (26 April 2010)



Well at least as far as snakes are concerned. I came across my third one today, but at least this was a dead one – in the road in the village and well squashed by the motorbikes going over it. Let’s hope that’s the last one.... But there’s still lots of other beasties around – in the villa in the evening it’s the frogs who come a visiting, one even leapt on to the cushion on the sofa and caused me to leap even higher! And I know they sometimes call Bali the Island of the Gods, but I think on occasion they get their spelling wrong and it really should be Island of the Dogs. I have never seen so many. Even the ones with collars on (and these have been vaccinated apparently) look in bad shape so you can guess what the ones without collars look like. There are quite a few dog sanctuaries around the place so I assume they are trying to do something about it, they are just everywhere and all of them have very loud barks. Interestingly in my travels, I have also noticed quite a few pooch parlours for grooming and all selling a selection of doggie clothes, but I have yet to see a pampered pooch wearing any of the designs!